Monday 25 October 2010

Artist Spotlight Farnell

I am always excited to introduce you to UK designers and artists and as such it gives me great pleasure to introduce you to the work of Farnell.
When did you know you had a need to doddle/design/draw?

"Ever since I was at school always knew I wanted to work as a graphic designer or go to art school.
After completing my degree in graphic design around elven years ago I have worked in various sectors of the industry ranging from book publishing, design agencies and in-house creative teams."
"Farnell is a personal blog where I don't have to worry about brief restrictions/client constraints and can just be creatively free to do whatever I want and have fun exploring new ideas/techniques and methods."


What are your influences?

"Art nouveau, deco, Scandinavian folk art, music, people, animals and film, anything and everything vintage, typography, illustrators, and artists from all walks of life, from street art to children's illustrators."



What is your favourite medium to work with?

I mainly work with Photoshop, Illustrator and Wacom Bamboo, but I still love to doodle simply with a pencil and pad.
I really want to explore adapting my designs into lino cutting.
I am from a generation where the Mac has taken over and the speed of working in a fast commercial environment has taken over.
So my mission is to develop my designs into lino cuttings. I may even explore paper cutting if I ever have the patience!”





What would be your art dream, like an album cover of your favourite artist, or a coffee table book, a wall in Brooklyn covered in your work? That sort of thing?

"To be asked to design the graphics for the next Blur album.
"



What advice would you give to other artists about things you have had to learn the hard way?

“Just enjoy what you are doing, as soon as you stop enjoying it move on to the next thing. Keep it fresh and keep looking for inspiration.”

Visit Farnell or... help Farnell get his peacock printed by threadless by voting online here:

Peacock at night - Threadless T-shirts, Nude No More






No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! I love your comments! Thanks for taking the time to write to me :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails