Tuesday, 26 October 2010

The Emma Bag

Photo evolution of my latest bag design:

Koi design by Emma Barrett, who I have named  the bag in honour of.
The Emma Bag needed to be light and wearable,with a strap long enough to cross the body, 
inside pockets and a secure fastener.
The first prototype, as shown above, was lacking in structure and sagged too much.
The strap, whilst comfortable could not be altered to suit different body sizes.
It was also suggested I added a phone pocket to the inside.

As I don't actually have a bag of my own (shocking!) I thought I'd make this one for me.
I picked Micheal Millers Dysfunctional family fabric and a lovely rich blue for the lining.
It spent a few days in various stages of construction in the workwomb until...

So far, I have added a adjustable strap (using the guide in The Bag Making Bible & hardware from u-handbag) a phone pocket, a zipper pocket, notebook pocket and keys pocket.
I have added structure to the bottom and sides.
It still needs tweaking, but so far I am pleased with progress.
This is one of the top secret projects I have been working on for a while and I have so much more to tell you about it, but you'll have to wait!
In the meantime pop over and have a look at Emma's work.



  1. your fabric choice is amazing love it, go you on your own design x

  2. This is a great design, and the fabric makes it really one of a kind!! Very well done! xx

  3. Well done, The strap with the buckle looks fab, making it adjustable for the person wearing it. Lovely.


Hey there! I love your comments! Thanks for taking the time to write to me :)


Related Posts with Thumbnails