Wednesday 1 December 2010

Absence makes the post seem longer

Welcome to December!
November has been a pretty non sort of month. I had spent so long blogging last month that I didn't seem to create on the same level as previously, and so I haven't had much to say.

The pause in my blogging was in no way reflected in my day to day life.
Life as they say, goes on.
I made plenty of changes though, lots of decisions, lots of baby steps forward towards my goals.

In February I have signed up to present to Liberty of London open design call.

This has also meant I have had to hire one of these scary looking beasts:



That is not my beast, mine is yet to arrive, hopefully it will happen this week as time is running out to complete the prototypes.

To make way for this beauty I have had to be brutal about my creative space and focus on one design, one medium. This has meant a huge clear out of the womb.

Before:

After:


Its seems very bare, but its focused.

I might even get round to decorating it now.
I found this gorgeous wallpaper in B&Q that would look lovely 
 
I have also had to fully commit by selling the craft tools I no longer need or that I know I will not use, like my first sewing machine and my Leclerc Table Loom.
A sad, sad day :(
Apologies to everyone I usually visit at your blogs.
I will resume normal service shortly, whatever that is! I am going to try and post at least three times a week at the moment, but forgive me if I don't manage it!

I hope you are all well.
Speak soon
Bonnie
:)

4 comments:

  1. hey there you it's been a while!!! check you out on your open call!! Love it sending you much love & luck can't wait to see the prototypes!! congrats on the clear up!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks wonderful, so much room to breathe! Please tell us more about what you are preparing for, I'm not sure what that means. It is good to see you back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of a work womb! Mine is My Sanctuary, where I go to escape teenagers and domestic drudgery. Your's is so orderly - I have promised to sort mine out after Christmas and sell some of my fabric stash.
    Good luck with the Liberty thing - I'm not brave enough to try it. Tell me - what is the industrial sewing machine you need to hire, I don't recognise it - what does it do that others don't?

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! I love your comments! Thanks for taking the time to write to me :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails